- "Sacred cows make the best hamburgers."
- Mark Twain
- "Some people are uncomfortable with the idea that humans belong to the same class of animals as cats and cows and raccoons. They're like the people who become successful and then don't want to be reminded of the old neighborhood."
- Phil Donahue
- "Scoops of mint ice cream with chips of chocolate cows."
- Jim Bishop
- "All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow."
- Grant Wood
- "You can only milk a cow so long, and then you're left holding the pail."
- Hank Aaron
- "The cow knows not what her tail is worth till she has lost it."
- George Herbert
- "He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on."
- Benjamin Franklin
- "Keep a cow, and the milk won't have to be watered but once."
- Josh Billings
- "If happiness truly consisted in physical ease and freedom from care, the happiest individual would not be either a man or a woman; but an American cow."
- William Lyon Phelps
- "Squirt milk on a toad's back, the cow will go dry."
- "As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists"
- Joan Gussow
- "And now a thought provoking question: When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose? "
- "To give your sheep or cow a large, spacious meadow is the way to control him."
- Shunryu Suzuki
- "More than the calf wants to suck, the cow wants to suckle - ie, the teacher wants to teach more then the pupil wants to learn."
- Rabbi Akiva
- A cow is a very good animal in the field; but we turn her out of a garden.
- Samuel Johnson
- I guess cows aren't into the four food groups, especially when they are two of them.
- Anthony Clark
- "Dumb animals we call them, while they bark and neigh and moo. They talk as much as we do - to them we seem dumb too."
- Rebecca McCann
Which One Wins A Prize?