Pet & Animal Sayings
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Birds of a feather flock together.
- Ecclesiasticus xxvii
- The early bird catches the worm.
- It's the straw that broke the camel's back.
- When the cat's away, the mice will play.
- All cats appear grey in the dark.
- Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
- Curiosity killed the cat.
- Curses, like chickens, come home to roost.
- He who lies down with dogs, rises with fleas.
- Let sleeping dogs lie.
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
- His bark is worse than his bite.
- There are plenty more fish in the sea.
- What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
- Don't change horses in the middle of the stream.
- Dutch, English, American
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
- St. Jerome, Commentary on Epistle to the Ephesians
- One swallow does not make a summer.
Pet & Animal Sayings Page 2
Which One Wins A Prize?